IFB

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Is Mismatched The New Orderly Sense of Dress?

I'm  a colour coordinator, but not in the maniacal sense of the word. Sure, I'm rather particular about finding a colour scheme in my outfit, even if it's more interpretative than literal. But wow, how intriguing is this phenomenon of messy dressing?

(best of 2010)



It's a calculated piece of chaos, an intricately constructed mistake, which is an absolute joy to look at.

I tried it today, worn-in skinnies (Mr. Price), caramel half-calf booties (Mr. Price, again), a heavy black knit with studded shoulders worn over a utility green fitted long sleeve tee and my tan Zara trench. All this offset by a wide oxblood red belt with a gold buckle. It may not be an extreme exhibit of the trend, but it certainly feels liberating. Why the hell didn't I think of this before? I'd never have a bad day. EVER.

Definitely a fashion idea to keep in mind, especially in the current financial stumble.

I'm still a fierce colour coordinator, but at least this way I'll have a fashionable justification as to why my shoes and coat are of two VERY different shades.








No comments:

Post a Comment